“Medicines can cure diseases, but only Doctors can cure the patients”. Do you also agree with these lines written by Carl Jung?
We all respect doctors since they possess the knowledge and abilities that help the patients in recovering from illnesses and returning to regular lives. They are the live savors! In a nation like India, where the medical infrastructure is still developing, there is a high demand for trained doctors, particularly in rural areas.
Accredited by the Medical Council of India and affiliated with the Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Government Medical College, Ratlam began its operations in the year 2018. It is a full-fledged tertiary medical college which provides the Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree (MBBS). Apart from this course, Courses in nursing and paramedicine are also available.
In order to get admission in GMC, the candidate needs to appear for National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET-UG) and get qualifying marks to secure a seat in the college. The intake in the course of MBBS is 180 students.
The following are the Contact Details of Government Medical College, Ratlam:
Address: Sailana Road, NH927A, Madhya Pradesh 457001, India
Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean Office Phone number : 07412 284225
The following facilities are provided by the Government Medical College:
|Library||24 Hour helpline||Cafeteria|
|Blood Bank||Boys Hostel||Girls Hostel|
Faculty and Staff
The faculty at this college is well-educated, well-trained, and equipped with contemporary technology. Additionally, there are enough non-technical staff members available to foster an environment where students can learn on their own. They have a duty to uphold and advance the standards of medical education at Government Medical College, Ratlam. The following policies,, are followed by all campus faculty:
- Describing the proper care based on the most up-to-date scientific research.
- Reducing the inappropriate variation in value-based approaches .
- Providing the students more logical and sensible ways to approach the subject being taught.
- Focusing on continuing education.
- Encourage effective resource utilization
- Serve as the center of attention for quality control, including audit
- To draw attention to the flaws in the material already available and suggest relevant future research
Courses Offered , Duration and fees
GMC is a medical college which offers Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelors of Surgery Course (MBBS). The duration of the MBBS program is 5.5 years, which includes 4.5 years of academic study and a 12-month rotating internship. The fees of the course is Rs 1,50,000 (approximately).
The entire MBBS course is divided into 4 phrases.
- The first one is the Pre- clinical phase i.e Semester 1 and 2. The subjects which will be covered in this phase are Anatomy, Biochemistry and Physiology.
- Second phase is called the Para- clinical phase i.e Semester 3,4 and 5. The subjects covered in this phase will include Community Medicine, forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and OPDs shall begin from here.
- Third phase is known as Clinical i.e Semester 6,7,8 and 9. It is the most important phase. The subjects covered in this phrase are Obst Gynae, Pediatrics, Surgery and allied subjects, Medicine and allied subjects.
- The last phase is compulsory rotating medical Internship which will be one year long.
For taking admission in Government Medical College, Ratlam the candidate needs to appear for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test – Undergraduate (NEET UG). Just appearing is not enough, the candidate should get qualifying marks.
The candidate must be of 17 years or above as on 31st December of the admission year and must have passed 12th with a minimum of 50% marks (45% in case of OBC category 40% in case of SC/ST) in Science stream having subjects Physics, chemistry, Biology and English as core subjects.
NEET Counseling Process 2022
The Directorate of Medical Education, Madhya Pradesh, administers the National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET). There are several rounds in the counselling process. A mop-up round is called to fill any open seats in the specific medical college if none were filled after the two rounds of counselling. The following steps needs to be followed for during counselling sessions are:
- Candidates must fill the registration form available on DME’s official website i.e. www.dme.mponline.gov.in and pay a nominal registration fee. Once the fees are paid, the candidates are eligible to appear in the first round of counseling.
- The list of participating institutions and seats that are available for each category will be made public by DME. The MP NEET state merit list will be made public after this seat matrix.
- The applicant has the option to select the institution he wants to enroll in after paying the registration cost, and the selection will be categorically in accordance with their preference. Remember if you fail to fill the choice of institution, you won’t be included in the seattle allotment process.
- The seats were allocated to the applicants in accordance with their ranks and the selections they made, keeping in mind the government’s policy on reservations.
- Once the seats are allotted, the applicant must report to the college; his seat will be canceled and given to the applicant in line after him. The candidate must bring the following documents (in original , in black and white photocopy and colored photocopy) to the college for completing the admission process.
- Class 10th Marksheet and Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Marksheet and Passing Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- GAP Affidavit (If Applicable)
- Admit Card for NEET
- Scorecard of NEET
- Confirmation Letter
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Aadhar Card
- Madhya Pradesh Domicile Certificate
- Application Form of MBBS
- Income Certificate
- EWS Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Domicile Certificate of other State Pro Forma 7 (if applicable)
- Green Card Holder (if applicable)
- Cast Certificate and PWD Certificate (if applicable)
- All the above documents in a pen drive
Frequently Asked Questions
- What courses are offered by Government Medical College, Ratlam?
GMC, Ratlam offers only 1 course i.e Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelors of Surgery(MBBS).
- How many times can a candidate appear for the NEET exam? Is there any age limit?
The number of times a candidate can take the exam is unlimited. No, the age limit criteria has been removed by the NMC on March 9,2022.
- Is hostel facility provided by GMC, Ratlam?
Yes, there is a hostel facility for both Males and female students.
- Where is Government Medical College, Ratlam located?
Government Medical College Ratlam is located at Sailana Road, NH927A, Madhya Pradesh 457001, India.
- What is the intake of GMC, for medical science aspirants?
180 seats are available for the medical science aspirant in GMC, Ratlam.
- Is there any Anti – Ragging Committee in the College?
Yes, the college has an anti- ragging Committee which is headed by Dr. Jitendra Gupta (Chairman) along with 6 other members.
- Apart from anti- anti-ragging committee, are there any other committees constituted in the GMC?
Pharmacovigilance committee, Gender Harassment Committee, Institutional Ethics Committee and Admission and Scrutiny Committee are some of the committees constituted in Government Medical College.
Government Medical College is one of the most esteemed government medical schools in India.. This medical school situated on Sailana Road in Ratlam’s Gram Banjali , is providing an MBBS (Undergraduate) program which is currently approved by the government medical institution through the NEET-UG test.